Friday, August 28, 2009

Two Year Old Tantrums

My son is only 18 months, but he is already going through the terrible two's. If he does not get what he wants he throws an AWFUL fit. You moms know all about it. The head goes back and the kicking and screaming begin. My son will even through himself on the floor! My husband and I often carry him out of places like we are caring a sack of potatoes under our arm, because it is the only way to control him so he doesn't hurt himself. I try not to care what others think, but you should see some of the looks we get when we do this! If we are at home we simply place him in the middle of the floor where he cannot hurt himself and let him finish his tantrum.

I am writing this post to see if any of you have any ideas on dealing with tantrum. My daughters NEVER through fits like this and she was never so violent with her tantrums, for example biting, hitting and scratching. We have thought about time out, but I am not convinced he will know what the time out is for yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Hope you all have a good weekend! Talk with you on Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment